For starters, skip the dry food! For the most appropriate diet to meet the tremendous nutritional needs of kittens, my recommendation is to feed 100% canned food.
Kittens are rapidly growing during the first several months of life and often require two to three times the amount of food as an adult cat. It is impossible to feed a growing kitten only twice daily like you would an adult cat. The following feeding schedule is typical:
• 8-10 weeks: 6 to 8 meals per day
• 10 weeks to 4 months: 4 to 6 meals per day
• 5-7 months: 3 to 4 meals per day
• 8-12 months: 2 to 3 meals per day
• >1 year and adult: 2 meals per day
For more information on Feeding Kittens: